Greek Yogurt Pesto Sauce
Greek yogurt is a wonderful ingredient to use to add creaminess without extra fat to any recipe. In this recipe we mix plain greek yogurt with a flavorful pesto to make the perfect pasta sauce. Can be used on fish too.
- 1 cup prepared pesto (store-bought or follow recipe below)
- 2 containers Norman’s Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 pound/package of pasta of choice, spaghetti or fettuccini work great
- ½ cups toasted pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup herbs such as parsley and basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente results.
- While pasta cooks, prepare sauce.
- Combine Greek yogurt with pesto.
- When pasta is ready, immediately mix into the Greek yogurt pesto sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and/or toasted pine nuts.
- Process ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container with olive oil poured on top to maintain freshness and flavor.
Prep: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 | Ready In: 20 min | Yield: serves 4
By: Joy of Kosher