Pasta with Greek Yogurt Pesto Cream Sauce
Author: Miriam Pascal, OvertimeCook.com
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 12 frozen basil cubes
- 2-3 frozen garlic cubes OR minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Pesto Cream Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 2 containers (6 ounces each) Norman’s Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- pesto (recipe above)
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ¼ – ½ cup lowfat milk
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Store in fridge for up to a few days, until ready to use.
Optional Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and place on baking tray. Drizzle olive oil, salt and black pepper over them and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the tomatoes get some color. Set aside.
Assemble the pasta:
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add greek yogurt and stir until smooth.
- Add pesto and parmesan, stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta and stir until coated. Add ¼ cup milk and stir to mix it in. Add an additional ¼ cup milk, if needed, to make the pasta creamier.
- If using, add cherry tomatoes just before serving.